Greater Kansas City Bike Repair

*****This just in Mechanic Matt returns to real working world!***

Sorry folks, no more wrenching. I am willing to help those who already know about me and that I have provided service to, but beyond that I am out of the garage bike repair business. What remains here is now a blog about bikes from some guy named Matt that lives in KC. If you care, read on, if you don't, move on. Yes I thought that I would start a bike store in Mission, KS and a new employer hired me just before I signed papers, so sorry folks. Take care and happy trails.

-The Management

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

In regards to my letter...

I don't want people to get the wrong impression of me. I am a big supporter of local bike shops, all the parts that I get come from a store locally not online. I might point out that so far a lot of my customers have not come to me due to cost but due to rude/lack of customer service. I learned what I know from working in smaller bike stores that bike repairs were never denied except on the so called department store bikes. I don't know all the stores that these people went to, but some are really stretching when they call these bikes, 'throwaways,' they're just old and not necessarily high end. I am just here trying to get people on down the road, I don't lie, I don't sell something needlessly, but I will tell you my opinion. That is what people really want.

So if you have a good store, don't come to me, go to them. Chances are they will take care of you, but if you don't have a store you like, I can help. This is the best place to go for a new bike that will fit you correctly and comfortably. The internet is great but unless you know exactly what your size is, a bike store is really a great way to go.

Lastly, craigslist exist, recycle a bicycle is a good thing. Don't let anyone else out there convince you of otherwise, just know you may not find something that is a perfect fit. A lot of times you can get something just right as well, so don't be discouraged.

That's if for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment