Greater Kansas City Bike Repair

*****This just in Mechanic Matt returns to real working world!***

Sorry folks, no more wrenching. I am willing to help those who already know about me and that I have provided service to, but beyond that I am out of the garage bike repair business. What remains here is now a blog about bikes from some guy named Matt that lives in KC. If you care, read on, if you don't, move on. Yes I thought that I would start a bike store in Mission, KS and a new employer hired me just before I signed papers, so sorry folks. Take care and happy trails.

-The Management

Monday, July 27, 2009

El Torreon

Well the swap meet down at El Torreon wasn't half bad, I have been to two swap meets now this year and now firmly believe it is Kansas City's (and elswhere) garage mechanics selling to Kansas City's (and elswhere) garage mechanics. In the end does anyone get ahead? Either way I appreciate it, because it is a chance for me to get some fairly standard repair parts like brake calipers, grips, etc and stuff I need for my bike I am building up. I now have matching pairs of pedals to go on my mountain and future road bike which is cool.

The best find for me however is the infamous Mavic Aero Spoke Wrench and Aero Spoke Holder thingie. So now if you need help truing your bladed spoke wheel I can do it out of the house instead of sneaking over to the friendly local bike shop. Tools are sweet.

Also got back in touch with Jeff from Prairie Village and Jason from Shawnee, 2 bike resellers that are generally all around nice guys. I only have seen them when I was selling off the last of my parts collection and just really enjoy speaking with them. The roles were reveresed at this meet because I wasn't the seller, they were.

Favorite part though was one seller riding around on hot rodded kick scooter. Besides the ape-hanger bars and chrome parts, the funny part on the bike was a Pete Rose baseball card clipped on the fork to make the motorcycle noise. The owner said it was because that card was the loudest.

Wanted to remind people again that after Thursday I will be unavailable, check the schedule below for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment